How to impress a recruiter
Ever submit your resume and feel like it's going straight into a black hole? You worked so hard on your application and yet you worry whether anyone will ever see it.
Well, here's the thing. You're probably right.
Now more than ever, recruiters are super overwhelmed. They're being asked to review hundreds (if not thousands) of applications.
And the truth is, your resume may be overlooked for reasons completely unrelated to your experience or skills.
But not all hope is lost!
That’s why I want you to meet my guest, Sara Erbstein. Sara recruits executives at Comcast and has seen it all. I asked Sara to give us the scoop...and to help us understand what recruiters really think and do behind the scenes.
Here’s what we discussed:
- How to get your resume to the top of the pile
- The only part of the resume that many recruiters read
- The key question you must be prepared to answer in your resume and on your interview
- To write a cover letter or not? (hint: not!)
- Why finding a professional resume writer may actually be doing you more harm than good
- Key formatting tips to ensure your resume gets noticed for all the right reasons
- Why being nice to the doorman matters
This was certainly an eye-opener for me!
Check out the video before you apply for another job or want to update your resume. And share it with any friends in the same boat!
P.S. Need help figuring out what your dream job really is? Or just how to be happier at work?
I opened up a few spots through May for a complimentary strategy session (let's talk before you spend time searching and applying). Book a 30 minute private conversation with me here.